Skip to content

Posts from the ‘Latest News’ Category

Utility Payments due Monday, April 16th

Utility payments are due Monday, April 16th. The Treasurer’s Office is open 8 am – 4 pm. For your convenience check payments may be dropped off after hours in our drop off box located near the handicap entrance of the Town Hall. Online credit card/debit card payments can be made at the link below. There is a 2.65% fee for using your credit/debit card (charged by the credit card company).


Town-wide Reappraisal

The town of West Rutland will be undergoing a reappraisal.  Please follow the link below for more information.

2018 Revaluation

Green Up Day/Appliance Pick-Up Day-May 5th

Green up Day is Saturday, May 5th. Volunteers will meet on the Town Hall Green at 9 am to divide and conquer! Many hands make light work, please consider helping clean up our beautiful town, even it it is just for an hour. A Hotdog lunch will be served to volunteers from 11 am – noon. Green up bags may be picked up at the town hall.

Please remember to dress appropriately (light/bright colored clothes, pants, boots, gloves)

All volunteers are welcome but children should be accompanied by an adult.

West Rutland Appliance Day Pick-Up will also be May 5th. If you have an appliance or other large items that need to be brought to the dump contact the town office at 438-2263 to schedule payment and pickup.


Town Offices Closed Thursday, May 3rd

The Town Clerk, Manager’s office and Treasurer’s office will be closed May 3rd for training.

Sump Pump Warning

Important notice from the West Rutland Water/Waste Water Department: Sump Pumps hooked to the town sewer are Illegal

Please note that connecting a sump pump in the basement to the house sewer line going to the town sewer is illegal!! The impact of private sump pumps hooked in to the town sewer system has a damaging effect on the Wastewater Treatment Facility. We are currently looking into the collection system to see where there might be some illegal flows coming in.
Our ordinance states that no one can discharge ground water or runoff into the collection system. If we find an illegal connection we can charge the homeowner with a misdemeanor if the discharge is not stopped. We can also fine the homeowner $100.00 per day if it is not stopped.
Please make sure that if you have a sump pump it is not connected to your house sewer.

Thank You

Lawn Mowing Bid Request

The Town of West Rutland is accepting bids for lawn mowing.  Please see the documents below for more details.


BID REQUESTS lawn mowing 2018

Lawn Care Service Agreement 2018 revised

Dog Registration Reminder

All dogs owned in the Town of West Rutland must be registered with the Town Clerk before April 1st of each year. Please bring an original copy of the current rabies certificate and cash, check or money order payable to “Town of West Rutland.”

Dog License Fees are as follows:
Before April 1:
Neutered/Spayed – $14.00
Un-neutered/Spayed – $18.00
After April 1:
Neutered/Spayed – $16.00
Un-neutered/Spayed – $22.00


Annual Rabies Clinic-March 24th

School Budget Meeting, Town Meeting and Election Day Information

The School Budget Annual Meeting will take place at the Town Hall auditorium on Tuesday, February 27th at 7 pm.

The Annual Town Meeting will be held at the Town Hall auditorium on Monday, March 5th at 6:30 pm

Voting for the Town of West Rutland is Tuesday, March 6th from 10 am to 7 pm in the Town Hall Auditorium.

The Town Hall auditorium is handicap accessible.  Please use the side entrance to gain access to our elevator.



CHECKLIST POSTED at Clerks Office by February 4, 2018. If your name is not on the
checklist, then you must register to vote. SAMPLE BALLOTS will be posted by February 24, 2018.

HOW TO REGISTER TO VOTE: There is no deadline to register to vote. You will be able to
register to vote on the day of the election. You can register prior by visiting the town clerk’s office or going online to

REQUEST EARLY or ABSENTEE BALLOTS: You or a family member can request early or absentee ballots at any time during the year of the election in person, in writing, by telephone, email, or online at The latest you can request ballots for the March 6, 2018 Election is the close of the Town Clerk’s office on March 5, 2018. (Any other person authorized by you who is not a family member must apply in writing or in person for a ballot for you.)



You may vote in the town clerk’s office before the deadline.

Voter may take his or her ballot(s) out of the clerk’s office and return in same manner as if the ballots were received by mail. Have ballot mailed to you, and mail or deliver it back to the clerk’s office
before Election Day or to the polling place before 7:00 p.m. on Election Day.

If you are sick or disabled before Election Day, ask the town clerk to have two justices of the peace bring a ballot to you at your home. (Ballots can be delivered on any of the eight days preceding the day of the
election or on the day of election.)


If your name was dropped from the checklist in error, or has not been added even though you submitted a timely application for addition to the checklist, you can fill out a new registration form.

If the clerk or Board of Civil Authority does not add your name, you can appeal the decision to a
superior court judge, who will settle the matter on Election Day. Call the Secretary of State’s Office at
1-800-439-VOTE (439-8683) for more information.

If you are a first time voter who submitted your application to the checklist individually by mail and did not submit the required document, you must provide a current and valid photo
identification, or a bank statement, utility bill, or government document that contains your name/current address.

 If you have physical disabilities, are visually impaired or can’t read, you may have assistance from any person of your choice. If any voters you know have disabilities let them know they can have assistance from any person of their choice.

If you know voters who cannot get from the car into the polling place let them know that ballot(s) may be brought to their car by two election officials.

If you have any questions or need assistance while voting, ask your town clerk or any election
official for help.


Office of the Treasury Unclaimed Property List

Office of the Treasury Unclaimed Property List