There will be a Planning Commission meeting on September 20th, 2017 at 7 pm in the Town Hall conference room.
Call to order
Approval of Agenda
General Public Comments
a. Discussion of Zoning changes
b. Discussion of Municipal Planning Grant 2017
Next Regular Board Meeting date
Parks for Paws has opened a dog park at the West Rutland Recreation Area, located off of Boardman Hill Road in West Rutland. It is open from sunrise to sunset.
Town of West Rutland
Dog Park Rules
- Enter at your own risk
- Never leave dogs unattended
- Maintain control of your dog at all times
- Clean up after your dog.
- Aggressive dogs and dogs in heat not allowed.
- Dogs must have current tags and vaccinations.
- No choke, prong, pinch or spiked collars allowed.
- Keep gates closed at all times.
- Keep dogs on leash upon entering and exiting park.
- No smoking, food or glass bottles allowed.
- No bikes or skateboards allowed.
- Children under 13 must be accompanied by adult.
- Please Respect Your Dog Park – Keep It Safe & Clean
- Breaking park rules may result in loss of privileges to use this facility. This park is managed by volunteers and is a non-profit entity. Abandoning an animal anywhere in Vermont is a felony.
- By entering this park, you agree to abide by the rules and release the park from liability.
- For information and donations or to hold your dog-related event contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Park founded and built by Parks for Paws, LTD.
The Zoning Administrator will not be in the office Monday, September 18th. He will hold his regular hours on Thursday, September 21st from 8:15 until noon. Messages and applications may be left at the Treasurer’s office, on 438-2205X16 or at email@example.com
The Town Clerk’s office will be closed Monday, September 18th and 19th for a conference. The office will re-open on Wednesday at 9 am.
Please join us for the West Rutland Dog Park Grand Opening on Saturday, September 16th at 4 pm!! We will have a ribbon cutting, music, speakers, treats for dogs and people and a 50/50 raffle to fund ongoing maintenance and wish list items. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town of West Rutland is accepting sealed bids for the sale of a 2005 International 7600 Tandem Truck. The vehicle has 69,443 miles and 4,463 hours. The unit is powered by a caterpillar motor, has a MG body, side dump, plow and wing. The truck is sold as is with no expressed or implied warranties or representations as to the suitability for any particular use.
The sale of the truck will be awarded to the highest bidder at or above the minimum bid in accordance with the terms outlined below. The Town of West Rutland reserves the right to reject any or all bids. The truck is available for viewing at West Rutland Highway Garage, 265 Ross Street, West Rutland, by appointment only. Arrangements for viewing and other inquiries regarding this truck should be directed to Frank Woolf at (802)438-2854.
All bids shall be plainly marked: “SEALED BID – 2005 INTERNATIONAL TRUCK”. No faxed or emailed bids will be accepted. A minimum bid amount of $35,000 is required.
Bids must be received by 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 14, 2017, and any bid received after that time will not be considered. Bids will not be opened at this time.
Submit bids to
Town of West Rutland
Attn: Mary Ann Goulette
35 Marble Street West Rutland, VT 05777.
The final selection shall be made at the Selectboard meeting on Monday, September 18, 2017. All bidders may request a list of bid results following the Selectboard meeting. Full cash payment, or verified check, is required prior to transfer.
A public meeting to discuss a bike path on business Route 4 will be held Wednesday, August 23rd at 5:30 pm at the Town Hall.
Please see the attached agenda
Public Meeting for Route 4 Bike Path Agenda
A reminder that tax payments are due Tuesday, August 15th. The Treasurer’s office is open Monday – Thursday, 8 am to 4 pm and 8 am to noon on Friday. After hour check payments may be placed in our drop box located near the handicap entrance of the Town Hall.
Online payments will be accepted beginning August 1st, 2017 for Taxes and Utilities. A transaction fee of 2.65% of the payment amount will be charged (minimum $3 charge) for use of this service. E-Checks may also be used through this service with a transaction fee of $1.50 per E-Check. Please use the link below to access online payments.