COMMUNITY > RECREATION
West Rutland Rec 2017 Basketball
(Grades Pre-K through Grade 4)
- There is FREE open gym up and running in the Big Gym at the West Rutland School on Sundays from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM starting October 29th. This will run throughout the winter until the end of basketball season. Changes or cancellations of open gym will be posted on the Rec Facebook page.
- This is open to all West Rutland Residents regardless of age or ability. We can overflow into the cafeteria as long as there is an adult to oversee that group and we can hang 8 foot baskets for very young players if there is interest.
- We will run structured basketball sessions on Saturdays from early November through early December for kids Pre- K through 4th grade. These sessions require registration and a registration fee.
- The schedule is 11/11, 11/18, 11/25, 12/2, and 12/9 (dates subject to change as school sports take precedence). Any changes will be posted on the Rec Facebook page.
- Pre-K – Grade 2 from 9:00 to 9:45 AM. Registration fee for residents of West Rutland is $25 and includes a t-shirt.
- 3rd and 4th grades from 10:00 to 10:45 AM. Registration fee for residents of West Rutland is $35 and includes a reversible tank.
- 5th and 6th grades from 11:00 to noon. Registration fee for residents of West Rutland is $25 and is skills and drills only. They will not have scheduled games.
- All age groups will focus on “skills, drills and fun”
- The 3rd and 4th graders will also play a limited schedule against neighboring programs with very limited travel starting after the holidays. There will be no additional charge if this comes together
- Kids can also purchase an appropriate sized basketball for $12. This makes a huge difference in a player’s ability to handle and especially shoot a ball. Anything but a youth size ball is simply too heavy for young players and often causes them to develop bad habits. Please indicate your interest on your registration form
Family Movie Nights TBA
Perennial Plant Swap TBA
Join the West Rutland Rec. Department Email List
As the list grows we will be distributing a monthly e-news letter containing information about current and upcoming programming and any changes to events that are already scheduled. JOIN NOW!